Monday, October 10, 2005

SigSOFT - Prof. Research Project

The meeting wasn't as indepth as last weeks introduction to the Overhaul Project.

Actually, Jay showed up and neither him or Luke knew if he was supposed to be there today (bad communication i guess).

The research I will be doing will look good for grad applications if I decide to do that and also writing an extension to firefox will look good for a lot of companies.

This Project is going to require a lot of research/learning in various areas :
  • Network Programming (Beej's Guide)
  • Peer 2 Peer Programming and Techniques (Jay has a Paper)
  • Mozilla Firefox Source Tree Code
  • Exploring the innerworkings of Overhaul.
I'm debating if I'm going to attempt to learn and teach one of these topics, hopefully I'll have the mastery of them to the level where I can do that.

I'll link anything I can, Human Knowledge belongs to the world!

No comments: